The bathroom is simply too important to fail on! If you’re going to renovate, make sure you do it right. The following 10 tips will help you accomplish that goal.
Firstly you need to chose a great company to work with such as Devco Builders in Perth.
1. Begin with a sound budget. It’s the best and only way to make sure you don’t go overboard on costs by the time you’re finished with your bathroom renovations. Write up a budget first and stick to it throughout the project.
2. Work around existing plumbing, to save money. One of the most expensive changes you can make to your bathroom is moving the pipes around; to cut down on costs and the labor involved, plan your renovations around the pipes and important fixtures that are already in place.
3. Factor your lighting sources in early. Lighting is a very important component of a bathroom, both in terms of form and function. Don’t block any natural sources of light and incorporate appropriate lighting fixtures from the get-go, in order to avoid ending up with a dark and drab finished product.
4. Consider resurfacing rather than replacement. To save time, money and quite a few possible headaches, think about resurfacing the tub or shower, instead of an outright replacement.
5. Go all out on hardware and decor. The little things make a big difference in home renovations, so go all out on the decor and hardware you’re going to use. This aspect of remodeling doesn’t have to be expensive, thus, your budget won’t be broken by fancy (looking) faucets and (faux) marble surface areas.
6. Don’t skimp on flooring materials. The one aspect of renovating your bathroom you really can’t economize on too much is the floor. If you’re tearing that up and replacing it, make sure you use strong materials that will stand up to the test of time and normal wear and tear. With moisture, traffic and the nature of tile and grout, you’re only asking for trouble if you install cheap and flimsy materials.
7. Use mirrors to increase the perception of space. Mirrors don’t just make your bathroom look larger, they make it look better. Additionally, they’re useful for occupants.
8. Don’t forget to ventilate. Mold and moisture in a bathroom can make you sick, not to mention slowly destroy the room from the inside out. Plan your vents early and don’t compromise on them for anything. See some of the images by https://www.facebook.com/devcobuilders/ to get a good idea of what we mean by good ventilation.
9. Try a tub or toilet before you buy one. That may sound obvious, but many people never think to do it! Have a seat, imagine the tub or toilet in your bathroom and get a good feel for the fit. Keep looking if you don’t feel completely at home – these two are way too important to not be happy with.
10. Be realistic about what you can and can’t do with bathroom renovations. Your intentions may be to save money by doing things yourself, but if you encounter a problem you simply can’t handle, avoid finagling your way through it. Ultimately, the help you get will save more money in the long run.
With a good plan, your bathroom renovation will be a smashing success. Use these 10 tips and don’t forget safety: Eye-goggles, breathing masks, knee pads and gloves will all keep you safer as you craft your way to a great new bathroom.